Taurus (April 20-May 20)
Free Weekly Horoscope
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the Zodiac, which spans the zodiac between the 30th and 59th degree of celestial longitude. Generally, the Sun transits this area of the zodiac between April 21 to May 20 each year. Individuals born during these dates, whilst the Sun is within this sign are called Taureans.
Taurus has been seasonally associated with the flourish of spring, when the Earth is green and fresh. Because the season has settled, astrologers call it a fixed sign, indicating stability, resistance to change, and the ability to ‘enjoy the people’. According to astrologers the sign is governed by Venus, the planet of beauty and love, which adds the traits of creativity, sensuality, and appreciation of life’s material luxuries. The moon is also associated with this sign, which it governs by exaltation. The lunar-association is considered to denote emotional depth and highlights further the fertility significations of Venus and this, the ‘earth-sign’ of spring.
- Symbol: The Bull
- Element: Earth
- Ruling Planet: Venus, the planet of beauty and love
- Lucky color: Pink
- Lucky gemstone: Emerald and Pearl
- Lucky numbers: 2 and 8
- Good Day: Patient, organized, supportive, romantic, careful and dedicated
- Bad Day: Overindulgent, stubborn, lazy, vain, cheap and too cautious
- Favorite Things: Photography, the mountains, really good music, really good food and satin sheets
- Prone to: Throat illnesses and are at risk of being overweight