Aries (Mar 21-April 19)
Free Weekly Horoscope
Aries is the first astrological sign in the Zodiac, which spans the zodiac between the zero degree and the 29th degree of celestial longitude. The Sun enters Aries when it reaches the northern vernal equinox, which is usually on March 21 each year, and remains in this sign until around April 20. Individuals born during these dates, while the Sun is within this sign, are called Arians or Ariens.
As the first sign of the tropical zodiac, Aries is seasonally associated with spring and according to astrologers represents a strong, sometimes creative thrust and powerful expression of energy. The sign is governed by Mars, the planet of war and energy, which astrologers believe adds the traits of competitiveness, impulsiveness, and the instinct to act spontaneously. The Sun is also strongly associated with this sign, which it governs by exaltation. The solar-association is seen as adding expression of the ego, and the desire to make a mark as an individual.
- Symbol: The Ram
- Element: Fire
- Ruling Planet: Mars, the planet of war and energy
- Lucky color: Red
- Lucky gemstone: Diamond
- Lucky numbers: 9 and 1
- Good Day: Energetic, encouraging, unstoppable, bold, devoted, heroic and caring
- Bad Day: Proud, self-centered, impulsive, bossy, stubborn, reckless and jealous
- Favorite Things: Video games, new clothes, road trips (in fast red cars), mind games and expressing themselves through conversation
- Prone to: Headaches and indigestion